Archives by date
You are browsing the site archives by date.
The Institute for Early Childhood Education & Research (IECER) presents: 4th Annual Early Childhood Education Graduate Student Conference Guests Speakers: M.A. and M.Ed. Early Childhood Education Students WHEN: April 17, 2014 4:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. WHERE: Neville Scarfe Building Room 310 2125 Main Mall Dinner will be provided. CONTACT: email@example.com
Sponsor: Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation
- July 28: OGPR for requisite Faculty-level administrative review and Faculty signature.
- July 29: ORS for the institutional signature.
- August 1: Foundation online deadline.
Special notes: This proposal should be developed in partnership with the OGPR and the Faculty’s Development Office.
Sponsor: Canada Council for the Arts / The Killam Trust
- May 12: 10:00 AM OGPR for requisite Faculty-level administrative review and Faculty signature.
- May 13: 4:30 PM ORS for the institutional signature and e-submission.
- May 15: Canada Council.
Special notes: Applicants wishing to apply for release time must receive Faculty approval through the Faculty’s Release Time for Research process prior to submission. The application requires a Canadian Common CV. Final submission is done electronically by UBC ORS.
Sponsor: The Peter Wall Institute for Advanced Studies
- April 17: Deadline to email OGPR your LOI draft for internal review. Please email your drafts to Robert Olaj, unless your topic is health related, in which case please email your draft to Heather Frost.
- April 30, 12 Noon: Deadline to submit applications to the OGPR for Faculty signature (KIN applicants please submit to Bob Sparks for signature).
- May 1: Peter Wall LOI deadline.
- August 1: Peter Wall full application deadline (through invitation only).
Special notes: Regarding eligibility, Principal investigators must be full-time UBC faculty at the Professorial Rank in grant/tenure track positions (i.e. Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Full Professor). Other faculty levels who may be independent researchers, adjunct professors, or instructors are not eligible as principal applicants but may be co-investigators.
Sponsor: Grawemeyer Foundation / University of Louisville
- April 27: OGPR for requisite Faculty-level administrative review and Faculty signature.
- April 29: ORS for the institutional signature.
- April 30:The Foundation (nomination form and letter).
- May 31: The Foundation (all supporting materials).
Special notes: Candidates must be nominated by others. Self-nominations will not be considered.
Sponsor: Individual researcher-funded
- April 15: Office of Research Services (ORS)
Special notes: Also see UBC Policy 35: Research Grants During Periods Other Than Study Leave
The Graduate Global Leadership Fellowships enable promising leaders from developing countries to pursue doctoral studies at UBC. The fellowships are to support international students showing outstanding leadership in humanitarian and development work in their home country. Two fellowships will be offered; each fellowship provides an $18,000 stipend plus tuition each year for four years. Applicants […]
The goal of the Constance Livingstone-Friedman and Sydney Friedman Foundation Scholarships in Health Sciences is to provide funding to graduate students or medical residents so that they can pursue a learning opportunity to further their career or to bring new perspectives to the education they have already received. Award: Between $25,000 to $50,000 annually, open […]
Children’s lived realities and reflections on family history: Ethics and methods of working with children 12:00 – 1:30 p.m., Thursday March 20, 2014 Scarfe, room 204A Dr. Sandra Evers is the chair of the Anthropology of Children and Youth Network (based at VU University, Amsterdam). The Network brings together academics and practitioners engaged in research and work with […]
Social Justice @UBC Noted Scholars Lecture Series Book your calendar now for our fascinating winter series of Social Justice @UBC lunchtime speakers All events are at Jack Bell Building, 2080 West Mall, Room 028, UBC Directions to Room 028, Jack Bell Building: http://bit.ly/R5WyjE Lunch is provided on RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org Wednesday January 22, 12-1pm […]