EventsNo ORE-sponsored events scheduled at this time.
Value: $7,000 to $400,000, 3 to 5 years
Insight Grants support research excellence in the social sciences and humanities. Funding is available to both emerging and established scholars for long-term research initiatives of three to five years.
The 2018 competition is not yet open, but please take note of the below dates.
ORE Insight Grants Overview:
June 14 | Scarfe 310 | 12:30 PM to 2:00 PM:
A primer for Education faculty new to SSHRC or those who haven’t applied to SSHRC in several years. Learn about the application, strategic proposal development tips, the scoring rational, UBC supports.
To RSVP: email Robert Olaj
ORE-SPARC Internal Peer Review Program:
- August 6 Noon: Email Robert Olaj and Danica Kell to register
- August 13 Noon: Email 1 page Summary and Registration Form to Robert Olaj
- August 17 Noon: Email full proposal to Robert Olaj and Danica Kell
- August 31: Receive reviewer feedback
- September 4: Email complete revised application (PDF of app and Word docs) to Robert Olaj for review & feedback (voluntary)
- September 28: Receive ORE IR feedback (latest)
- October 5 (10:00 AM): Deadline ORE/Kinesiology for Associate Dean/Director signature
- October 9 (8:30 AM): Deadline ORS for RPIF + PDF copy of your full proposal
- October 12 (8:30 AM): Deadline to hit "Submit" online through your SSHRC Portfolio
- October 15: Deadline at SSHRC national
Posted April 27, 2018 @9:15 am
Sponsor: GENDER-NET Plus
CIHR is part of an international consortium (GENDER-NET Plus), which will support research that explores the importance of sex and gender in health. GENDER-NET Plus will take the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a point of departure for the topics of this call.
The total amount available for Canadian researchers from CIHR is $1.5 million CAD, enough to fund five (5) grants. The maximum amount available is $100,000 CAD per year for up to three (3) years for a total of $300,000 CAD, per grant.
Pre-proposal deadline: March 1, 2018, 5 p.m. CET
Full application deadline to CIHR: July 16, 2018
Full application deadline to Gender-Net: Mid July 2018
Posted April 26, 2018 @11:08 am
Congratulations to Dr. Darren Warburton (KIN) and his team for being awarded a $75,000 CIHR Operating Grant: Network Environments for Indigenous Health Research!
Posted October 4, 2018 @2:39 pm
Congratulations to Dr. Victor Glickman, Director, Edudata Canada as the recipient of the 2016 Herbert T. Coutts Distinguished Service Award.
Posted May 30, 2016 @9:23 am
Congratulations to Dr. Sam Rocha, EDST as the recipient of the 2015 outstanding contribution award from the journal Visual Art Research for his paper A Tale of Three Cubicles (Vol. 41, 2, issue 81).
Posted May 13, 2016 @7:45 am
Congratulations to Dr. Eli Puterman (KIN) for receiving a 2016 Scholar Award from the Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research!
Posted May 12, 2016 @8:47 am