Sponsor Program Link: New competition not yet launched. These are the past competition details: SSHRC Insight Grant
Value: $7,000 to $400,000, 3 to 5 years
- build knowledge and understanding from disciplinary, interdisciplinary and/or cross-sector perspectives through support for the best researchers;
- support new approaches to research on complex and important topics, including those that transcend the capacity of any one scholar, institution or discipline;
- provide a high-quality research training experience for students;
- fund research expertise that relates to societal challenges and opportunities; and
- mobilize research knowledge, to and from academic and non-academic audiences, with the potential to lead to intellectual, cultural, social and economic influence, benefit and impact.
ORE Insight Grants Overview:
June 14 | Scarfe 310 | 12:30 PM to 2:00 PM:
A primer for Education faculty new to SSHRC or those who haven’t applied to SSHRC in several years.
Learn about the application, strategic proposal development tips, the scoring rational, UBC supports.
To RSVP: email Robert Olaj
ORE-SPARC Internal Peer Review Program:
- August 6 Noon: Email Robert Olaj and Danica Kell to register
- August 13 Noon: Email 1 page Summary and Registration Form to Robert Olaj
- August 17 Noon: Email full proposal to Robert Olaj and Danica Kell
- August 31: Receive reviewer feedback
- September 4: Email complete revised application (PDF of app and Word docs) to Robert Olaj for review & feedback (voluntary)
- September 28: Receive ORE IR feedback (latest)
- October 5 (10:00 AM): Deadline ORE/Kinesiology for Associate Dean/Director signature
- October 9 (8:30 AM): Deadline ORS for RPIF + PDF copy of your full proposal
- October 12 (8:30 AM): Deadline to hit “Submit” online through your SSHRC Portfolio
- October 15: Deadline at SSHRC national