UBC Advanced Research Computing (ARC) Information Session on Digital Research Alliance Canada Funding Opportunities
Sponsor: UBC Advanced Research Computing (ARC)
Description: UBC Advanced Research Computing (ARC) is hosting an online information session on October 13, 2022, 2-3pm, on the Digital Research Alliance of Canada (“the Alliance”) Resource Allocation Competition (RAC).
The Alliance RAC competition offers researchers an opportunity to apply for one of the following opportunities:
- The Resources for Research Group (RRG)competition is for researchers who are in need of compute, storage and cloud resources beyond what is given by Rapid Access Service (RAS), and
- The Resources Platforms and Portals (RPP)competition is aimed at researchers who wish to improve access to shared datasets, enhance existing online research tools and facilities, or advance national or international research collaborations.
The information session will touch on:
- the importance of applying for RAC if your current compute resources do not meet your research needs,
- how UBC ARC Sockeye complements the national system, and
- important considerations and key information to include in your application.
Researchers will have an opportunity to ask questions to RAC technical reviewers and discipline-specific experts. They will also be invited to book a consultation with ARC staff regarding their applications.
Register via the link below:
RAC applications must be submitted by November 2, 2022.
If you have questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date of information session: October 13, 2022
Contact: If you have any questions, contact ARC Support