Canada Research Coordinating Committee Progress Report 2021-22
Sponsor: Government of Canada
Description: The report highlights initiatives taken by the Canada Research Coordinating Committee (CRCC) member organizations to help sustain Canada’s research enterprise through the second year of the global pandemic and build a strong, more equitable, connected and innovative research community.
Together, we advanced work on federal research priorities by:
- increasing engagement in interdisciplinary, international, high-risk/high-reward, rapid-response research;
- positioning Canada as a valuable partner in global research and innovation;
- fostering Indigenous self-determination, leadership and capacity in research and training;
- strengthening equity, diversity and inclusion in research;
- supporting early career researchers; and
- supporting Canada’s research response to COVID-19.
In addition, we initiated the development of a tri-agency training strategy to create a more equitable, accessible and effective suite of scholarships and fellowships for our next generation of research leaders.
Contact: If you have any questions, contact Nandini Maharaj.