Canada Research Continuity Emergency Fund (CRCEF) Stage 3
Sponsor: The Tri-Agencies (SSHRC, NSERC and CIHR)
Value: Varies according to expense category. See UBC CRCEF guidelines.
Description: The Canada Research Continuity Emergency Fund (CRCEF) is a Tri-Agency program that is part of the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan.
UBC is now undertaking an open call for applications for Stage 3 funding from CRCEF to support research maintenance and ramp-up costs incurred due to COVID-19.
Applications for Stage 3 CRCEF funding can be submitted by faculty members who hold research accounts for impacted projects at UBC and affiliated health research institutions. This includes principal investigators and scientific directors of shared research facilities.
Applicants must complete an application form and submit it using the online portal below, Applications must be submitted by 11:59pm on November 30, 2020*. (Please note: the submission date has been changed from October 30, 2020 to November 30, 2020.)
Researchers can request assistance in compiling eligible expenses for submission from their faculty/department/affiliated hospital business officers or by emailing email@example.com
Stage 3 of this program is to support direct costs of research that have been incurred to:
- Maintain essential research-related commitments during the COVID-19 pandemic; and/or
- Ramp-up to full research activities as physical distancing measures are eased and research activities can resume.
Eligible expenses in Stage 3 of the CRCEF program are those that meet the following criteria:
- They are unanticipated additional costs that would not have been incurred in the absence of the COVID-19 pandemic and cannot be funded by existing sources of funds
- They are direct costs associated with maintenance and ramp-up of research activities
- They are costs borne by research projects
CRCEF has allocated a funding envelope to UBC and its affiliated health research institutions for the third stage of CRCEF based on CAUBO data. Should we receive applications that demonstrate funding needs that exceed this envelope, additional funding may be allocated to UBC, or evaluation criteria will be applied for distribution of the available funding.
Deadline to submit online application through UBC VPRI’s web site: Monday, November 30, 2020
Contact: If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.